What is a Birth Doula?
The word “doula” comes from the ancient Greek meaning “a woman who serves” and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth.
Who am I?
My name is Christina Haney. I am a mother of 3 children and I am a birth doula. I have completed doula training and I am currently working on my doula certification through DONA.
Services I provide
* Free initial consultation
* monthly prenatal visits until delivery
* Help in preparation of a birth plan
* Unlimited phone and email support during the length of your pregnancy
* 5 weeks of continuous on-call support surrounding your due date
* Continuous labor support during labor and delivery
* 1-2 hours of support following the birth including breastfeeding information and support
* Post-partum visit 2-3 weeks following delivery
Every labor and delivery is unique and so is an ideal birth. My job is to work with you to get the ideal birth you are looking for, no matter what that may be. I provide my service to women in central IL including Bloomington, Normal and the surrounding areas. The initial consultation is FREE. Give me a call or send me an email if you are interested.